Covering the best gigs, band tours and local, national and international artists performing across Adelaide’s greatest venues, Onion Magazine [now Beats] provides the latest on new club openings, celebrity interviews and the exciting music scene in South Australia. Offering band and DJ profiles, festival updates, interviews with album producers and the latest reviews, Onion is published on a weekly basis and offers the hottest music scoop in town.
– Overseeing the layout and editorial of all print and online features, news, columns and reviews, as well as artwork, design and photography for the section
– Generating ideas for stories and writing breaking news from the world of dance, hip hop and electronic music
– Commissioning articles from freelance and in-house journalists, sending out briefs to writers, and managing staff
– Editing and re-writing articles, proofreading all pages before going to press
– Managing the magazine’s Facebook page, posting content daily including breaking news, videos and images